First school day in FKF!! ; Fria Kristiga Folkhögskolan

Well today (or actually yesterday) this whole japanology studying process has finally began! I was less nervous about the first day than I could have been because I had already got to know two of my new classmates. We found each other from internet through our blogs and already met many times before our school even started. Today I had a nice slow morning and ended up having to hurry up a little bit. I met with one of these new friends and we walked together to school.

At first all of us new students gathered to our classroom at 1pm. Some of us seemed to have some trouble finding the right place just like I had at the first time with my mom. That wasn't a suprize because at least Google maps doesn't have any idea where our school actually is. FKF has three school buildings in a row near the church. The main building has "Fria Kristliga Folkhögskolan" written on it.

As usually on the first day we went through bunch of introductions from our teacher, principle and seniors. We got information about all of the upcoming things and how everything works at our school. Introduction from our principle was the only thing spoken in swedish. It was the first thing so that made me fear for the worst possible situation right at the beginning but luckily everything else was spoken in finnish, great! Swedish isn't my speciality so I didn't understand much during the speach even though I tried. Luckily almost everything in it was explained quickly in finnish afterwards :) It appears that this year our class will have more material in english instead of swedish because of Högskolan Dalarna is now cooperating with FKF.


Right after we got to see around the school and the lunchroom and had a small coffee break, we got some papers to fill. Then started the main thing: studying. At this point it's very easy to keep up with studies. These basic phrases we are learning are very well in my memory already. The book we will be using at first is Genki 1 and I guess we will get that soon from school for a fee that's apparently less than by ordering from bookstore.

After school we went to eat and talked for some time there.

I'm way too excited to be able to study here in FKF. The atmosphere and people are more than nice and I have a feeling that I'm going to like my time here! I'm happy for not choosing to go to Helsinki University. That would have been a big mistake because FKF is way more focused on more interesting and important studies for me. This is the opportunity to focus on japanese language that I have been waiting for so long. Now I have to do my best to succeed.

Kommentit

  1. Yay! I'm going to make a post too. But I think I'll wait until I can do a bit about my flat first. :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yee! ^^ I'll come and read it as soon as you post it!
      I felt really motivated yesterday so I wanted to write about our day :) It was our special first day after all~

      Poista

Lähetä kommentti

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

I'm moving to Vaasa this month!

Japanologian opinnoista Fria Kristliga Folkhögskolanissa Vaasassa! (only finnish this time)

Mitä mulle kuuluu?